Display Notification Center Alert - question re: inputs

Display Notification Center Alert - question re: inputs

Postby scottm » 08.02.13 8:39 am

Hi,

I'm wanting to create a folder action that will watch a folder for any changes, and then alert me to those changes in the Notification Center. The Display Notification Center Alert action works well for this, but ideally I'd like to be able to have the notification include the folder name so I know which watched folder has changed -- I've got an applescript that will generate the alert text, but I don't know how to get that text into the Display Notification Center Alert action.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Scott
scottm

Re: Display Notification Center Alert - question re: inputs

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 08.05.13 11:23 am

Hey Scott,

You would need to utilize Automator's variables to do this. First, get the folder name. Then, pass it to the Set Value of Variable action. Then, drag the variable to the Display Notification Center Alert action.

Hope this helps.

-Ben
Automated Workflows, LLC Support

AppleScript * Automator * Workflow Automation
Products, Training, Custom Development Services
http://www.automatedworkflows.com
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Postby scottm » 08.15.13 3:35 pm

Thanks Ben - it got me closer... I actually had it almost working the way I was hoping, then made a change and 'broke' it, and then couldn't get back! :shock: :?

Anyway, it led me to a solution that works well enough for my needs.

Thanks,
Scott
scottm

Postby sajjad122 » 01.08.15 8:06 am

I'm wanting to create a folder action that will watch a folder for any changes, and then alert me to those changes in the Notification Center. The Display Notification Center Alert action works well for this, but ideally I'd like to be able to have the notification include the folder name so I know which watched folder has changed -- I've got an applescript that will generate the alert text, but I don't know how to get that text into the Display Notification Center Alert action.
Enjoy the real success with how to speak spanish exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest how to learn spanish Also prepare for next level with quality http://www.learnalanguage.com questions andwikipedia Best Wishes.
sajjad122

Postby rrobertson » 01.08.15 8:32 am

It's very similar to what Ben described above. Get the folder name in Automator. Then pass it to the Set Value of Variable action. After defining the variable, drag the variable to the Display Notification Center Alert action.

-Ray
rrobertson

Return to Freeware Solutions