Does this solution work with FileMaker 8?

Does this solution work with FileMaker 8?

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 06.04.07 8:14 pm

POST TRANSFERRED FROM OLD FORUM
USER: Automated Workflows, LLC DATE: October 10, 2005, 07:27:11 AM
----------------------------
At this time, this solution has not yet been "officially" tested and released for use with FileMaker 8.x. Although this is the case, based on our limited testing, we believe that it should work okay with FileMaker 8.x. We are planning a more official release for use with FileMaker 8.x, which will include some other enhancements as soon as our schedule allows. Thanks for your patience.
Automated Workflows, LLC Support

AppleScript * Automator * Workflow Automation
Products, Training, Custom Development Services
http://www.automatedworkflows.com
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Re: Does this solution work with FileMaker 8?

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 06.04.07 8:15 pm

USER: dougyfish DATE: September 30, 2006, 06:38:19 PM
I'm using Mail to FileMaker Importer v1.2.1 on an Intel MacBook Pro running OSX 10.4.7. I've got Filemaker 8 and it all seems to work to a certain point. I'm trying to convert a rather large mailbox. One with 18949 messages. Mail to FileMaker Importer imports somewhere between 1000 to 1300 messages then I get an Applescript timout error. It doesn't stop in the same place and I've run it several times. I have dissabled sleep so I don't think that's the issue.

I realize that it's not officially approved for FM8 but what would your best guess be? Are there just too many records in the mailbox? I could break it up into several mailboxes and import them one at a time but if I could avoid that I would rather. Any other things I could try?

Thanks,
Doug Snyder
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Re: Does this solution work with FileMaker 8?

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 06.04.07 8:16 pm

USER: Automated Workflows, LLC DATE: October 02, 2006, 08:08:25 AM
Doug,

Thanks for your post.

This is actually a problem with FileMaker. With the release of FileMaker 7, I have noticed that, when importing large numbers of messages, FileMaker will sometimes stop responding to AppleScript commands. This causes the script to send a command to FileMaker and then wait for a response that never comes, eventually causing a timeout. Here are some suggestions for dealing with this issue. Make sure that you have the latest version of FileMaker 8, relaunch the solution and FileMaker prior to triggering a new import, and try importing smaller batches of messages at a time. I would also recommend making sure to set the solution to move messages to another folder after import. By doing this, if an error does occur, you'll be able to determine where it left off, and continue from there.

I have begun development on a new version of M2FMI, and I will continue to conduct testing of this issue, and see if there's anything that I can improve with regard to this issue for the next release.

Thanks,

-Ben
Automated Workflows, LLC Support

AppleScript * Automator * Workflow Automation
Products, Training, Custom Development Services
http://www.automatedworkflows.com
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Return to Mail to FileMaker Importer 1