Why am I getting an out of memory error?

Why am I getting an out of memory error?

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 06.04.07 8:41 pm

When importing large numbers of selected messages, at some point, an “Out of memory” error will occur. This error will probably only occur when importing extremely large numbers of selected messages. To reduce the possibility of this error occurring, try selecting fewer messages to import, or try importing from one or more multiple mailboxes instead of importing selected messages.
Automated Workflows, LLC Support

AppleScript * Automator * Workflow Automation
Products, Training, Custom Development Services
http://www.automatedworkflows.com
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Re: Why am I getting an out of memory error?

Postby mageba » 11.04.11 1:05 pm

What do you mean with "This error will probably only occur when importing extremely large numbers of selected messages"?

I must import a total of 30'000 Messages. But i get ever 500-800 together in one run. How much can i take without any problems?
mageba

Re: Why am I getting an out of memory error?

Postby Automated Workflows, LLC » 11.04.11 1:18 pm

To be honest, I haven't received reports of memory problems in some time. So, I don't know how often this occurs anymore.

In the past, if you attempted to import a very large number of messages at once, in particular, selected messages, then memory problems were potentially possible. M2FMI should be able to handle at least a few thousand at a time. But, if you try to import all 30,000 at once, then it's possible you could run into an issue. Although, there's no specific limit in M2FMI.

I usually suggest importing smaller batches anyway, such as a few thousand at a time. This allows you to monitor things and make sure everything is importing as expected. I also recommend either configuring M2FMI to move imported messages to another folder, or configuring it to prevent duplicates (this option slows down processing, though, as a find must be performed prior to importing each message). Doing either of these things will allow you to begin importing again without re-importing duplicates.

Hope this helps.

-Ben
Automated Workflows, LLC Support

AppleScript * Automator * Workflow Automation
Products, Training, Custom Development Services
http://www.automatedworkflows.com
Automated Workflows, LLC
Site Admin

Return to Mail to FileMaker Importer 1